The Cisco SF 300-48 Switch is an affordable, high-performance, easy to manage device that’s designed specifically for small businesses. This 48-port managed switch boosts network performance and supports high-bandwidth applications for an efficient, productive workplace. Part of the Cisco 300 Series of switches, the SF 300-48 provides energy-saving, security, and advanced network features to support a small business network. And a limited lifetime warranty with next-business-day advance replacement protects your investment.
Built-in security and advanced networking features support business-class data, voice, security, and wireless solutions.
48 Fast Ethernet and four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast, reliable access to applications and network resources.
Fast, reliable access to the resources you need
The SF 300-48 Switch has 48 10/100 and four 10/100/1000 ports—two of which are combination mini-GBIC ports. This allows you to connect small office devices, such as computers, printers, and wireless access points, as well as multiple switches to each other, giving employees fast, reliable access to the resources they need. By providing both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in the same switch, you achieve optimal network performance, ensuring availability of your business-critical applications. The SF 300-48 Switch also provides the flexibility you need to interconnect a variety of devices across your network, including voice, security, storage, and wireless solutions. In addition, the Cisco switch offers several advanced networking features, including support for Layer 3 switching between VLANs for advanced traffic management as well as IPv6, remote management, and dual images support.
Built-in security keeps your network and data safe
The SF 300-48 includes a number of security features that let you tightly control access to your network, safeguarding the integrity of your data. Using access control lists (ACLs), you can authenticate and regulate new connections to your network, keeping unwanted users away from your business-critical information. With this device, you also can segment your network and provide a secure section for visitors by using the integrated guest VLAN capability. In addition to strong security features, the SF 300-48 Switch provides business-class communication capabilities, such as support for IP telephony. If you already have IP phones connected to your company’s network, the switch will automatically configure the phones with the correct VLAN and quality-of-service (QoS) parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
The Cisco SF 300-48 Switch is easy to configure and manage; in addition, energy-saving technology reduces power consumption.
It just works so you can focus on your business
The SF 300-48 is an eco-friendly switch that’s been designed to conserve energy, which will save you money. The switch uses low-power chipsets and other “green” features to help protect the environment and optimize power consumption without compromising performance. And a fanless design further reduces energy costs while enabling quieter operation. Cisco designed the SF 300-48 Switch to be easy to configure and to manage. Intuitive browser-based tools and mass deployment capabilities speed setup and reduce the amount of time you need to spend on network management tasks, such as QoS traffic prioritization. Cisco provides a limited lifetime warranty with next-business-day advance replacement (where available), software updates, and telephone technical support free of charge for the first 12 months. Also, the SF 300-48 is backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, an affordable three-year subscription-based plan that provides peace of mind and additional investment protection.
Easy-to-Use, Providing the Ideal Combination of Features and Affordability
The SF300-08, part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, is an affordable managed switch that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. These switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Easy to set up and use, the Cisco SF300-08 provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses, and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco 300 Series is broad portfolio of fixed-configuration managed Ethernet switches. SF300-08 Models are available with 8 ports of Fast Ethernet connectivity, providing optimal flexibility to create exactly the right network foundation for your business. However, unlike other small business switching solutions that provide managed network capabilities only in the costliest models, all Cisco SF300-08 Switches support the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security, and wireless technologies. At the same time, these switches are simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network services your business needs.
SF300-08 8-port 10/100
Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the Cisco SF300-08 offers a solution to meet your needs.
Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secure desktop connectivity: Cisco SF300-08 Switches can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive.
- Secure wireless connectivity: Cisco SF300-08 Switches allow employees to work productively from conference rooms and common areas, collaborate in any office, and access business applications from wherever they are. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity helps ensure that your employees have the bandwidth and performance they need to make the most of mobile productivity. And with embedded security, your employees can work with confidence, knowing that only authorized users can access applications and network devices.
- Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the Cisco SF300-08 provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco SF300-08 Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
- Highly secure guest connectivity. Cisco SF300-08 Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests' network sessions private from each other.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco SF300-08 switches provide security, performance, traffic management, and other capabilities - optimized and customized, and at the right price for small businesses.
Cisco SF300-08 Switches provide:
- Choose from Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) is available on up to 48 ports of Fast Ethernet and 24 ports of Gigabit Ethernet
Energy Efficient and Design
- Strong security features include access control lists (ACLs), guest virtual LANs (VLANs), and other advanced security features to tightly control networks
- IPv6 support allows you to move up to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an extensive equipment upgrade
- Quality of service (QoS) on all models prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance
- Static routing/Layer 3 IP routing between VLANs allows for communicating across VLANs without degrading application performance
Management and Investment Protection
- Power-saving technology allows switches to enter sleep mode, turn off unused ports, and adjust power as needed
- Fanless design on 11 models allow switches to run silently and unobtrusively
- More ports per Gigabit Ethernet switch includes 28- and 52 -port Gigabit Ethernet switches (instead of 20 or 44 ports with four shared ports, as in traditional devices)
- Intuitive browser-based tools provide for easy setup and management
Cisco Small Business 3-Year Support Service
The Small Business Support Service is an optional device-level service agreement that expands and enhances the technical support exclusively for Cisco Small Business products
- Three-year "peace-of-mind" support
- Unlimited telephone and online chat support with Cisco engineers, 24 hours daily in English, business hours in 12 other languages
- Next-business-day advance hardware replacement in more than 65 countries (same-day shipments in other countries, where available)
- Major and minor software releases
- Online service request tools
Cisco P/N: CON-SBS-SVC2